On Wednesday October 2 from 5:30 until 7:30, we will recognize these accomplishments and many others at our Annual Awards Event at Dressler’s Restaurant at the Metropolitan, overlooking the recently restored Little Sugar Creek Greenway. At this event we will recognize our generous Sponsors, and celebrate the achievements of some of the region’s most successful green space developments, park projects and community volunteers in 2013.
Become an annual sponsor (includes awards event tickets)
At this year’s Awards Event, Dr. Tony Zeiss will update us on What’s Happening on the Trail of History;, and we will announce a significant enhancement to our Board ; the creation of a Partners for Parks Advisory Committee.
Here are examples of how your annual support makes a direct impact. Partners for Parks:
1. Worked with the Trail of History Board and a major donor to create a new Fund that will build a new garden area that will be adjacent to Little Sugar Creek Greenway across the street from the Carolinas Medical Center complex.
2. Sponsored a feasibility study for the expansion of the Carolina Raptor Center.
3. Made a significant contribution and volunteer support to create a new playground at Park Road Park that will honor those who lost their lives at the Newtown, CT shooting.
4. Provided children scholarships to attend a variety of after school and summer programs.
5. Created a Fund and volunteer support to assist a local family that sustained significant injuries in the Boston Marathon bombing.
6. Established a Fund and volunteer support to work with the Friends of Wesley Chapel to create new parks and recreation facilities in that community.
7. Advocated for the adoption of 2013 Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation budget.